Pages and Information

June 24, 2014

Interesting people

What do Angelina Jolie, Frank Lloyd Wright, Kenny G, Vince Lombardi and Harriet Beecher-Stowe have in common? They were all born in this, the sixth month of the year.  Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday!

Each of these famous people has had an impact on us as Americans.  Through their talents, skills and gifts, we are each the beneficiary in one way or another from their presence in this world.  Whether we admire them or not, we cannot deny they've each added something to the fabric of our lives.

I'm a big reader of biographies and always feel a sense of "permitted eavesdropping" as I turn the pages, amazed at the similarities and differences I find with my own life.  No matter who I am reading about, there is always something that intrigues me and in many cases, inspires me to live my own life in a deeper, more meaningful way.

So whether you check out biographies from the adult or juvenile collections, you're bound to learn some fascinating things about people from the past and present.  And if you don't find books about who you're interested in reading about, let us know. We'll do our best to make sure we can help you get them to enjoy.  Here's to the reading of biographies of folks from A to Z and all in between!

Kathleen,
Children's Librarian

No comments: