In accordance with the City of Pullman Social Media Use Policy, adopted by City Council 8/14/12, we are instructed to inform you of the following:
1. City of Pullman blogs are subject to State of Washington public records law. Any articles and any other content posted or submitted for posting are subject to public disclosure. Public disclosure requests must be directed to the City Clerk or relevant departmental public disclosure officer.
2. The intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between City departments and members of the public. City of Pullman social media site articles and comments containing any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed:
a. Comments not topically related to the particular social medium article being commented upon;
b. Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
c. Profane language or content;
d. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
e. Sexual content or links to sexual content;
f. Solicitations of commerce;
g. Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
h. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
i. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
j. The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law.
3. All blog sites shall clearly indicate that they are maintained by the City of Pullman and shall have City of Pullman contact information prominently displayed.
4. The City of Pullman decrees that Anonymous posting shall not be allowed by public commenters; public commenters shall be accompanied by valid contact information including a name, address, and email address.
5. Any posted hyperlinks shall be accompanied by a disclaimer stating that the City of Pullman guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, web site or content linked thereto.