Pages and Information

April 06, 2015

Technology

If anyone had told me six months ago that my eighty year old dad would be enjoying an iPad, I would have laughed out loud.  He's not much for anything "new-fangled" as he would say.  But, after my siblings and I got him an iPad for Christmas, he was an easy convert when he realized he could actually see us whenever he wanted through FaceTime.  Now we can not only hear each other’s voices, we can see each other whenever we want!  Face to face! It's a whole new world that helps us all feel closer in so many ways.  


Dad quickly mastered the FaceTime component.  He took the iPad by the horns and found so many things on the web to enjoy and explore. So, when I hear my octogenarian dad telling me I need to get a certain app … I'm pretty darn surprised and impressed!

So, if you or anyone you love needs information about new technologies and how they fit into your life and library services, be sure and connect with the staff at our Information Desk.  The world is changing so quickly.   It’s nice to know there's a place you can turn for help.  Give us a call or stop by today.

Kathleen Ahern
Youth Services Librarian


No comments: