Pages and Information

March 15, 2015

National Incredible Kid Day

As a children’s librarian I would think I would be aware that March 15 is recognized as “National Incredible Kid Day.”  But in fact, I didn’t know that – did you?  Now, let me be really clear here – I DO know that every kid is pretty darn incredible!  I just didn’t know there was a day that recognized such!


So, in celebration of this fine day, let’s communicate to “our kids” (meaning all kids in our lives) that we think they’re pretty amazing and downright incredible!  Then, let’s spend some time talking with them – sans any technology interruptions – let’s get to know a little bit more about what makes them so incredible.  What do they dream about?  What do they want to do for the world?  What do they need?  What do they fear?  What do they think is funny or sad or inspiring?  And who will benefit from this?  We all will!  Happy Incredible Kid Day to all!
Kathleen Ahern
Children's Librarian



No comments: